Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Andy!!!

photography by Lilian Nielsen

Happy Birthday to my son Andy who is 31 today!!!
Your Mommy loves you,
XOXOX
If anyone would like to leave a comment or share an Andy story, as always....thanks for sharing.

8 comments:

Alan said...

I remember the day Andy was born. He made me an uncle at the ripe old age of 14. Now he's a talented and outstanding man who I'm proud to know. And I feel pretty special because I got to spend a few hours of his honeymoon with him.

Lilian said...

Happy Birthday Andy!!!My very first nephew who's birth made me an aunt at the same time Alan became an uncle.

I can still remember the time he babysat my boys and when I came home one of them smelled of a dirty diaper. When I asked Andy, "why didn't you change his diaper?" Andy said, "I don't DO diapers!" Ha ha....

Who's doing diapers NOW!!!

Love ya Andy man!

Bea said...

So many memories, but the first one that comes to mind does not make me look good :o(
I taught him to pull out drawers (I used to have in the kitchen)and climb onto the counter as I worked. One day I was rolling out cookie dough and he put his hand right down in the middle of it. MY reflexs reached out and smacked his hand, the look of shock on his face that his Granma would smack him was only less than the horror in his Granma's heart. Another time his Mom came and took something from my storeroom He told her you can't steal from Granma, his Mom reassured him that Granma had given permission. Which I had. As I talked to him this morning , I asked how old he was and he commented I now had a 31 year old Grandson, which is ok with me. He is the one that is 31.
We were happy the day he was born and we still are. He brings much joy into our lives. You are a good man Andy (Pandy).
Happy birthday and many more

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Happy birthday, Andy! You are my oldest nephew-in-law :-) and proud to be related.

As a little boy I remember Andy as enterprising, outgoing,happy, and very smart. A million years ago Alan and I took him, Jeff and Jeremy to a park in Salt Lake city. Alan was leading the boys cross a rope bridge and Andy refused to do it. Uncle Alan, the sympathetic uncle that he sometimes is, said "Com'on Andy, don't be chicken!" Little boy Andy stood at the end of the bridge and was starting to be upset so I said "He is not chicken, he is intelligent. He knows he could get hurt. And for what reason? It's called survival of the smartest, Uncle Alan! Let him be." My wish for Andy on his 31st birthday is that he will always have the happy boy inside the smart wonderful man he grew up to be. May he always be true to himself and find joy. We love you Andy Pandy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Andy!! Sorry no memory right now. I 'll have to think of one.

Archie said...

I remember the day Andy was born. It was a few months before I graduated from high school. Yikes. I also remember a time a few months later when me(and a girl who's name we dare not mention) watched baby Andy for a couple of hours while Les and Mike went to a Stake meeting. I kept making Andy smile. Happy Birthday buddy.

Margie said...

Happy late Birthday Andy!!!

I have many happy memories of Andy. It is hard for me to believe that I have known Andy for his whole life. I don't feel THAT old. But this isn't about me. My first date with Tim was on July
9th, and Mike and Les had just announced that they were expecting a baby. I can remember how excited everyone was to welcome this new baby to the family. I remember going to Andy's first birthday party too. I was always impressed with Andy's art talent. He could draw the best Sesame Street characters. I have always loved Andy's passion for Disneyland too. I think Andy is extremely talented, intelligent and wonderful!!

Stecky said...

I just remember Andy's incredible bike riding feats