Caitlin also loves her birthday, and today is an extra special birthday... because Caitlin is 17 on the 17th. I decided that I really had to step it up (just a bit) and make this a special day for Caitlin. I've never made much of a fuss over St. Patrick's Day (I was born in Ireland for heaven sake), but Caitlin loves her birthday on St. Patrick's Day!! I thought to myself, "what would Tiffany do? She's fabulous at birthdays." I will mention here that Tiffany was Caitlin's Ma on pioneer trek, and so when it comes to birthdays... like "Ma" like "daughter".I made an attempt at decorating a St. Patrick's table. I knew Caitlin would love that. And she did. I visited Kathryn and Melissa's craft blog and found this cute birthday banner which I actually made (so fun and easy).

And finally, I thought that if I decorated the house with balloons certainly Caitlin will love that. So I followed through with all of my plans and was quite pleased with myself and my efforts.But I knew everything wasn't perfect. Tonight Caitlin has two choir concerts, one right after the other at her school. When is there time to have the family over for cake and ice-cream? What about her birthday dinner? How do you tell someone who loves her birthday so much that we'll celebrate with the family at our regular 4th Sunday dinner? And... you will share the celebration with your dad, your brother, and your two nephews (she loves them all, but let's face it... she wants her own celebration).
Last night I was at the grocery store and I saw Tiffany. She asked about plans for Caitlin's birthday and I explained to her about all of the complications.
Tiffany inspired me with a wonderful idea... invite Caitlin's brothers over for an early morning breakfast. Caitlin loves her brothers. What a great idea. Could they all come? Would it work? Well it did. I heard her exclamation of delight when she saw her balloons, she liked her birthday banner... but the surprise and joy of seeing all of her brothers there to share breakfast with her was the best.
Thanks Tiffany for such a great idea, thanks Andy, Jeff, and Jeremy for getting up extra early and making your sister's birthday extra, extra special.
We ate at 6:30 am; all of the boys got up early (Jeff came from Layton) and who is the one yawning at the table? The one that just came from upstairs.
Jeffrey, Andy, Caitlin Rose, and Jeremy; these are the best brothers in the whole world.
11 comments:
Love the banner and ALL of the decorations! What a fun party!
Happy 17th birthday Caitlin!
You did a great job Les! Love the Irish decorations and very impressed with the boys, including the yawner :-)
Happy GOLDEN birthday Caitlin! What cute decorations and planning. I love birthdays, but Ryan's fam isn't big on them. It's been a struggle to get him to celebrate like I want to.
I had a dream about you decorating after our conversation on Monday! Looks great!
Happy 17th birthday Caitlin!
Happy birthday! Hope it has been a fun one, school, choir concert(S) and all!!!
I LOVE that her brothers came to have breakfast with her. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
such a GREAT idea. You are awesome and so is Caitlin
Way Cool!!!
Happy Birthday Caitlin!!!
I am sooooo happy and excited that it all worked out. (Even though I told you, I lost sleep worrying the brother's alarms wouldn't go off...)
What a great day. Good job Lesley.
Happy Birthday Caitlin!
Well, she seemed to have a great birthday!!!!
When I saw her at the concert, or at least before it, she was getting hugs and greetings all over the place. One friend brought pizza and so several went to the park together to eat it during school and then another friend brought cake!!!!! .
So starting at 6:30am till 7:30pm when we saw her sounds like it was one continous party.
OH!!!! and the concert was great.!!!!
Happy Birthday Sweetheart, and many more!!!!!
And don't forget she did get sung to!!!!!!!!!
Special birthday memories?
I remember the day she was born!!!!
What a good Mom your are!!!!
China plates for breakfast and a tablecloth with shamrocks.
Tender moment!!!!!
Love you. Happy birthday to you also.
Post a Comment