As I contemplate what "Family Friday" has meant to me, and the feeling that I have gotten from many of you that it means as much to you, I feel so much love and gratitude for this family. I started out writing a review of each family member according to what I knew about that particular person; and yet as I have read your comments I have learned so much more.
Many times over the course of this series I have made a personal observation that what I write is just a tiny, little synopsis (basically a drop in the bucket) of the person being featured. Basically, all I have done is share "my good opinion" of each family member as I stated I would at the very beginning of the series. I have wondered, what if each family member wrote a "Family Friday"? What if each family member kept a detailed personal journal? Or wrote a blog? What a history and a legacy in writing we would have!
I have loved reading the comments left each week. Comments parents have left about their children; comments from grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins; the memories siblings have shared; and spouses for their companions. I have felt a renewed bonding in our family as I have read of your love and appreciation for each other. Your words have uplifted and motivated. I have had some wonderful feedback, including comments from my friends which I appreciate so much.
Tomorrow is the final installment of "Family Friday"; for now. At the very beginning of the series I stated that the first and last features were pre-determined, and so it is with much emotion that I present to you tomorrow a "Family Friday" featuring our families angels; Christopher and Ashleigh. I look forward to reading your memories/comments/thoughts about them. I hope that everyone who reads tomorrow's post will share something.
It has been nearly a year since I started "Family Friday". It has blessed my life as each week I have thought about and focused on an individual family member; from my Dad our family Patriarch.... to baby Hannah our youngest member. I love each one of you. Thanks for letting me nominate you... it's been my pleasure.
5 comments:
You've done an AMAZING job Lesley!! I even learned things that I didn't know about some of our family.
And.... Ummm..... I think there will be one more FF next week. ;-)
Reading this post made me cry. It felt like I was having to say good-bye to a friend that I look forward to see every Friday.
You have done an ingredible job!! You have left a treasure and a legacy for all of us to have.
Thanks for all you have done!
i learned so much about family members that i otherwise would not through Family Fridays. i think you have done a wonderful thing, Les. i'll miss it when it's over...but somehow i think you will come up with something to keep the family-all-love-together going. you are a good Ate that way :-)
Les you are the best big sister a guy could have. I can recall countless stories of you looking out for me over the years, and here you've done the same for the whole family.
I remember when you announced family fridays. It was an ambitious and awesome goal and you have carried it through with amazing results that apparently surprised you as much or more than anyone. I believe the idea was inspired and I believe each entry was an inspiration as much as it inspired others.
I believe we are a close family, but you have brought us closer together with this living genealogy.
You have brought us together each year with the family Christmas party, and here you have created a perpetual family party on the pages of your blog and forever in our memories.
This marvelous work of yours,if I may be permitted to paraphrase, totally qualifies as virtuous, lovely, of good report and praisworthy.
Well done Les.
I Love You.
What a tremendous undertaking. Did you realize when you started with Rebecca what you were getting yourself into? You have truly blessed our family with this "living history".
Marivic always refers to you as Ate, and truly that is who you are.
You are a shining example of a pioneer, a trailblazer. And as a family we are richly blessed to share your love and "vision".
Thank you is so trite, but it will have to suffice. love you Sweetheart.
Post a Comment