Friday, August 24, 2012

Day 24: A Job Well Done


Zach came over to work in Grandpa and Grandma's yard yesterday. He is such a good and willing worker. He shoveled dirt, he raked, he pulled weeds. He doesn't complain or think it's too hard... he just does the job.

When we were finished working Zach pulled the heavy garbage can all the way around the house back to where it belonged next to the garage. As we passed by the patio he informed me that he thought it was "cool" that we have tables with umbrellas in our backyard.

I feel pretty awesome that my eight-year-old grandson thinks I'm cool for having Wal-mart end of season clearance tables... and don't forget the umbrellas; in my backyard.


I'm looking forward to Zach coming back and helping me with some jobs inside the house.

1 comment:

Georgia said...

What a delightful child! Perhaps I could borrow him some time? I could use some help and maybe a little self esteem boost too?!