Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 26: Whirlwind Weekend

It was a whirlwind weekend for me! It all started Friday night with an end-of-summer-back-to-school party with our YSA ward. I love our ward and am so grateful to be a part of it!


YSA





Family


On Saturday we were up earlier than usual and headed to Pineview to celebrate Jeremy's birthday. Not only did Jeremy provide all of the entertainment for us (boats, jet skis) he fixed us all lunch. He served all of us on his special day.




My boy and his boy... Andy and James.

The birthday boy and his family... Jeremy, Mason, Emily and Tanner.

Kristin and her boys and Jeremy and his boys.

Andy and Mike.

Caitlin and her friend Sarah on the boat with Jeremy.


Friends



After a full day at the lake we rushed home to attend a wedding. Our friends daughter was married in the Salt Lake Temple earlier in the day, they were having a ring ceremony and Mike was asked to officiate. We arrived home barely 45 minutes before the ceremony. I don't think we've ever gotten ready so fast in our lives. It was a beautiful ceremony and Mike did a great job. People all around me were flashing pictures so I thought "what the heck" and took this picture with my phone.


Extended Family

For many years we celebrated Mike's Grandma's birthday "family reunion" style. Although Grandma has been gone nearly eight years, on Sunday evening we celebrated her 100th birthday with many of her posterity.



Aunt Beverly, Aunt Judy and Bonnie (my mother-in-law).

I haven't seem Mike's cousin Lani since Grandma's funeral. She has always had long, long blond hair. Earlier in the day I wondered if Lani still had long hair. I was surprised to see that Lani didn't have any hair. She was diagnosed with a rare and incurable cancer in March, but because they caught it so soon (major miracle) she has had chemo and her prognosis is good.


The whirlwind didn't end with the weekend... but I've got to save some things to finish up my 31 days.


No comments: