It was just over twenty years ago that we announced to our three sons (ages 14, 12 and 8) that we were going to have a baby. Concerned that teenaged boys may not be enthusiastic about a new baby, we were pleased when Andy told us that he was going to teach the baby "his ways". Caitlin was born 3 days after Andy's 15th birthday; I'm not sure if he taught her his ways, or she just followed in his ways, or they are just siblings with similar ways... but they both love music, theater, and Disney.
Every once in awhile after band rehearsal Andy will stay late and visit with his mom and dad (we love it). The other night I was upstairs when I heard Mike calling from downstairs, "your boy's here to see you." When I went downstairs Andy was already playing the piano and Caitlin was singing Carole King (and doing a very good job of it). Pretty soon Mike had his guitar out and even I threw in some harmonies as I took these pictures. I am grateful for my first and my last (Andy and Caitlin); and everyone in between (Jeffrey, Jeremy and Ashleigh)... I am truly blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a blessing a family is, especially one in which there is love for one another. Your family is a perfect example of family love and harmony (in every sense of the word).
Post a Comment