Monday night was definitely a family night as many of our family members converged upon us after our call for help. It was an amazing sight to see so many working together in an effort to accomplish this goal for us. In just an hour-and-a-half the job was done and the pizza party ensued.
After a much needed soak in the bathtub and clad in my bathrobe, I went outside and sat on the patio where I relaxed and listened to the now familiar sounds of the sprinklers... at 12:45 am.
I felt so much gratitude that this major portion of the yard was finally done. But maybe even more... I felt so much gratitude for those who helped us in any aspect of this project. I have often heard the cliche "many hands make light work" and Monday night was a perfect example of that. Our backyard neighbor seemed amazed as he inquired of Mike, "is this all family?"
I really do find joy in the simplest of ways. Things said to me that night and the good feelings I felt, combined with the opportunity to work with people I love in a common cause, and benefiting from their service to me; simply... gratitude.
5 comments:
Love. It.
Looking forward to you August posts!!
YEAH!!! and Congrats. Grass is the best.
What a difference grass makes to a home. My husband keeps talking about having a 'zero-scape' yard because we live in Utah, ie the desert, but I have dug my heals into my lovely green grass and refuse to replace it with rocks and cactus just yet. I am the one who mows, fertilizes, and cares for my lawn so I think I should get a say in how long it stays.
How blessed you are to have those many hands to make light the work! It looks lovely!
Let the mowing begin! So happy for you!
I particularly enjoy sitting and watching and critiqueing and enjoying my family. It looks WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment