This is me at about 8 months old. My parents and I are standing in front of the building where we attended church in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and where my Dad served as the Branch President. See the book in my Dad's hand? It is a hymn book that belonged to my Mother (the purse he's holding is hers too... in case you're wondering). That hymn book now belongs to me and I display it in my curio cabinet. It is very old, the cover hangs by a thread, and it has my tiny teeth marks permanently embedded all along the edges, even though my tiny teeth were not permanently embedded in me. I have always loved this particular picture; several years ago I had a copy of it enlarged and framed, and I gave it to my Dad for Father's Day.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
TDBC Day 10: A Baby Photo
This is me at about 8 months old. My parents and I are standing in front of the building where we attended church in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and where my Dad served as the Branch President. See the book in my Dad's hand? It is a hymn book that belonged to my Mother (the purse he's holding is hers too... in case you're wondering). That hymn book now belongs to me and I display it in my curio cabinet. It is very old, the cover hangs by a thread, and it has my tiny teeth marks permanently embedded all along the edges, even though my tiny teeth were not permanently embedded in me. I have always loved this particular picture; several years ago I had a copy of it enlarged and framed, and I gave it to my Dad for Father's Day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I see a lot of Jeff in you in this picture (along with your beautiful granddaughters!) What a precious picture and what a precious keepsake to have with your little teethmarks :) Also, thank you for clarifying about the purse Granpa was holding :)
You actually turned 10 months the next day and started to walk. and I mean WALK :o)
Isn't it amazing the things that stick in our minds for years and years :o)
This was probably our first family picture :o)
Actually this picture was taken on Mother's Day 1959 the second sunday in May. That year it was May 11th. Interesting that you would post it on the 10th May.
So my calculation is wrong in my previous comment, you turned 10 months the day before not the day after. :o) but you still started walking on the Monday 12th. :o)
I have faithfully read each one of your posts!! I have only been able to read them from my phone, and haven't taken the time to comment (sorry). We have had guest from Australia since May 1st...so needless to say I have been super busy. However, I have loved each and every post. I have been pleased at how well I do know you, but I have enjoyed the details of your life and I have learned a few new things. I love you Les and I am totally enjoying this series!! My guest leave on the 13th (significant day) so I will be better to comment after that :)
La----hov the Pic. Priceless!
What a beautiful picture. I love family photos!
Post a Comment