Thursday, May 26, 2011

TDBC Day 26: Favorite Music/Artists

I love all kinds of music; but for this post I'm going to say my favorite music is Christmas music. Coming from a family that is considered musically inclined, you might be very surprised to find out that I rarely listen to music in my car or at home, and I.LOVE.MUSIC (but I also love the quiet when I'm home alone or in the car). Anyway... at Christmastime I listen to music constantly. This past year I started listening to Christmas music as soon as the radio stations started to play it shortly after Halloween. That used to bug me, but not any more. Sorry if it bugs you.

I played it at work and when I wasn't in the room my co-workers changed the station. When I noticed what they had done I would say, "hey... what station are we listening to?" and one of them would say to the others, "uh-oh, she noticed." Then the station went right back on to the Christmas music. Sometimes it is a real benefit to be the boss :-)

My favorite artists? I pretty much covered that on yesterday's post (although I failed to mention Neil Diamond, how can I forget Neil? he's the best!!! I've lost track of how many times I've seen him in concert).


What music do you like? And what is your rule about when to start Christmas music?

5 comments:

Lilian said...

Christmas music shouldn't be played until AFTER Thanksgiving.

:-)

Melwel said...

Hey I am just like you.....lo-hove the christmas music.
I like all of your music choices as well. We share the same music brain. I probably OD on musical theatre music more than you do though.

Bea said...

I was watching a movie the other day and there was Christmas music in it I LOVED IT :o)
I don't mind being reminded in the middle of summer that there is christmas BUT....
when the season arrives wait till closer to the time. :o)
Like 2 weeks :o)

Marivic said...

I listen to Christmas music any time I feel like it. February, July, September, Whenever. Like you said it's good to be the boss :-)especially if they all call you the little general :-) But around Christmas time after listening to it for weeks I sometimes get so tired and bored of Christmas music, I take a short break until closer to Christmas day.

Hey, Les, did you see Neil Diamond do the finale number on the Billboards Music Award show on ABC last weekend? It was awesome to see all these kids who were young enough to be his great-grandchildren just go crazy adoring him! He is timeless.

BobN said...

I love Christ and I love Christmas. My issue is more about not wanting to get burned out on the same songs over and over. There are only so many Christmas songs that they play on the radio, and I'd rather not get tired of them.

So I'd rather they wait until after Thanksgiving to start playing them full time. If they wanted to throw one into their normal broadcast every now and then, I'd be ok with that any time of the year.