Monday, May 2, 2011

TDBC Day 2: Meaning Behind My Blog Name

"It's just a pleasure being nominated". I'm not sure when I started to use that phrase, I just know it was a long, long time ago. I suppose it's one of those phrases you might use when things don't go just the way you wanted, expected, or needed them to go; case in point: let's say you were a contestant on a game show like, hmmm.... The Price Is Right! You are 'called on down' but you never make it up to Bob Barker on the stage, that would be one of those times you would say, "it's just a pleasure being nominated!"

When I decided to start a blog, choosing a blog title was the biggest decision I had to make. I pondered over a few ideas, but none of them seemed to click. And then inspiration struck! I was at the deli in Sandy on that particular day, working with Jeff; he was encouraging me to come up with a blog title so that I could get my blog up and running. A couple of ideas were tossed out, when suddenly the light bulb went on and I knew the name of my blog... "It's just a pleasure being nominated!!!" I proclaimed with much enthusiasm. A big grin came across Jeff's face and his hand went up for a high five, confirming to me that I was spot on. And that's the story of how I got my blog name.

3 comments:

Lilian said...

I know the look on Jeff's face in which you are speaking of! I've been there done that with him... including the high five. It is the PERFECT title for your blog!

Susan Anderson said...

Good name for a blog!

As for your question on my blog, our YSA ward is in a regular stake. We don't have YSA stakes in California.

=)

Bea said...

Knowing you it is a perfect title. It is a conversation opener. :o)