Saturday, May 7, 2011

TDBC Day 7: Favorite Movies

I love movies and I especially love going to the movies (and I have to have popcorn). I can't specifically say I have a favorite movie (except #1 on the list below), but here is a list of the movies I've watched more than once, or even more than twice... okay, some of these movies I watch annually.

This isn't in any order of importance:

1- Pride and Prejudice okay, maybe this one is in order of importance and also represents that I love classic love stories.

2- Summer Magic an old Disney film with Haley Mills that we watch every fall, also a representation that I love the classic Disney movies from the 60's.

3- Watcher in the Woods another Disney show that we watch in the fall; I love suspense movies.

4- Houseboat Cary Grant; need I say more? I watch this every few years, it also represents the good, clean family movies of the 60's that I love.

5- Jurassic Park III I watch this one at least once a year; "rrruuuunnnnn...." What does this represent? I love dinosaur, sea monster, and monster movies!

6- The Kings Speech (I've only seen once) PG-13 version of course, it's a great movie, and of course the fact that Mr. Darcy took time out from being Mr. Darcy, well... 'nuff said.

7- White Christmas this is the "spokes-movie" for all of my favorite Christmas movies.

8- You've Got Mail my movie representation of the fact that I love chick flicks and it also led me to Pride and Prejudice.



9 comments:

Lucile Eastman said...

And where is :An Affair to Remember"?

Lesley said...

Lucile, I love that show, which coincides with "Sleepless in Seattle" another show I love!!

Archie said...

King's Speech was awesome!!!!

Melissa said...

Such great movies! I loved Kings Speech. I told my mom we (Megan and I) accidentally went to the R rated version. I told her I'd never seen so much nudity, perversion, profanity, and drug use in my life. She hoped I was joking. That was a wonderful touching movie. I think we would have a lot of fun watching movies together! I finally watched P&P for the first time last summer/fall and it was great! You'll have to check out North and South and Jane Eyre (2006 Masterpiece theater version) which happen to be my two favorite period pieces.

Lesley said...

Melissa, I am going to look into that "North and South" movie. You've mentioned it before and it sounds like a movie I would love.

AnJ. said...

Watcher in the Woods will forever freak me out! NEREK!!!
Why is it that I've never heard of Houseboat and Cary Grant is in it? I must go check that out.

Lesley said...

AnJanette, I have "Houseboat" and you can borrow it any time. You'll love it!!

Bea said...

I have a copy of North and South
A lot of these are on my favorites list also. BUT...
I think my all time favorite is
"My Fair Lady"
Actually it is hard to choose......

Terri said...

Les,
I LOVE Summer Magic! One of my favorite songs is The Ugly Bug Ball. We need to have a girls night and watch it together. I know you wouldn't mind if I started singing. Love ya!
Mean it!