This is probably not the kind of recipe you would expect, but there is another recipe post later in the 30 day challenge, so I'm going to share this "favorite recipe" today.
Last week at BYU Women's Conference Elder and Sister Bednar spoke at the concluding session. I had never heard Sister Bednar speak before and I really enjoyed listening to her. She shared an experience she had when Elder Bednar was in school and she had a toddler and a baby to care for. Having a husband in school, a toddler to chase, and a baby to keep her up at night was a bit stressful. She asked her husband for a blessing one day and in the blessing he counseled her to do this:
Exercise
Get plenty of rest
Eat right
Study the scriptures daily
Pray daily
I have been thinking about this counsel since I got home from BYU, and then a couple of days ago while sitting in the drive-thru at the bank I thought about this recipe post and it came to me... this counsel is a recipe!
I was reminded that when you take these five "ingredients" and you "mix" them all together on a regular basis, it will "yield" physical, emotional, and spiritual health. I know that when I'm "partaking" on a regular basis I feel so much happier and more fit. I also know that when I'm not, I feel just the opposite.
So what do you do when you find a recipe you love and just can't live without!?! You share it with those you love, because we want to "feed" them good things. So serve it up!! There is no "fat" or "calories"!!! You can have as many "servings" as you'd like!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Love this! I need to stick to this recipe more often!
What a great post. Thank you so much. I need to try this recipe out. Guess I'll have to be eating more Leger sandwiches as my healthy eating :)
Thanks for sharing Les!!!
That's a great recipe! I wonder if their talk is posted online. I need to look. I love Elder Bednar.
Thank you for reminding me of this "receipe". I think I will write it on a 3x5 card and post it where I can see it everyday to remind me.
Post a Comment