Tuesday, May 17, 2011

TDBC Day 17: Pet Peeves

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK


This is my least favorite post in the 30 day challenge; so much so, that I'm posting it late in the afternoon today and tomorrow's post will appear at 12:01 am. Silly me. Certainly I have pet peeves just like everyone else... I just hate admitting them in writing. So here are a few of mine....


Whenever I say "thank you" to someone, and they respond with "not a problem". When did the phrase "not a problem" replace "you're welcome?" Okay; I said it. No offense intended.

Tardiness. It is so.rude

People driving while talking/texting on a cell phone. It.is.dangerous

People who think they are better than others; that bugs

Dishonesty

The people at BYU Women's Conference who leave the Marriott Center during the closing song and before the closing prayer so that they can get to their classes/on the road home before everyone else. It is especially shocking to see this while an Apostle is speaking.

3 comments:

Karalee said...

Les, I'm quite enjoying your 30 day blog challenge...just so you know. I tend to be a lurker...but it's been fun to look forward to your posts everyday!
And I totally agree with the one about people bolting before the closing prayer :)

Tiffany said...

I always love these type of posts--one that can raise a little controversy. You see, one of my pet peeves is people who don't share their opinions!! Great 30 day post challenge--good for you for doing it.

Paula said...

Hi Lesley! I'm a lurker too and am enjoying the posts that I'm able to catch. I totally agree about those who leave before the closing prayer! Eliza was with me on Friday and she couldn't believe how many people left. What a poor example for the rising generation.