Thursday, May 12, 2011

TDBC Day 12: A Detailed To-Do List From Today

Bor-ing. Nobody wants to know a detailed to-do list of my day. So here is my version (minus the details):



I woke up this morning
to a beautiful day,
I'll be leaving for work soon
I wish I could play.

I'll be cooking and cleaning
and mopping the floor,
but when 3:30 comes
I'll be locking the door.


Then it's off to my sister's
with my daughter in tow,
it's time to take pictures
she's a Senior, you know.


Soon it's "good-bye" to my sister
"see you later" to my girl,
then I'm off to the ball park
and I'll leave in a whirl.


Two sons and my hubby
will play in a game,
I hope they will win and
I pray it won't rain.


When I finally get home
I'll be tired for sure,
but there's still all the housework
and laundry to endure.


But I'll say, "never mind,
tomorrow's another day",
so I'll go straight upstairs
and let my head hit the hay.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

haha awesome.

Today I will cook and scrub and clean
then throw all my clothes in the laundry machine.
I'll read Hannah some books then I'll read them some more,
after that I'll sweep, mop, and vacuum the floor.
Then tonight when Adam gets home (probably late)
We'll cook up some hamburgers, fries and CELEBRATE!
For today is the last day of college for him
He'll have lots more time to work out at the Gym.

Ok that last part was a stretch because he probably won't work out at a gym haha.

Bea said...

What a creative writer you are :o) you can make a mundane list sound fun.

Contact: Ashley Mills said...

Wow I am impressed! A poem to discribe your day, WOW!