Wednesday, May 18, 2011

TDBC Day 18: Something You Miss

I enjoy Hilary Weeks performance each year at BYU Women's Conference. This year she shared a story about her daughter that touched my heart.

A few years ago Hilary and her nine-year-old daughter went out to dinner together. Hilary enjoyed this one-on-one time with her daughter and was completely captivated as her daughter regaled her with the events of her day, through mouthfuls of mac-and-cheese. As Hilary listened intently to the details of a game of freeze tag, the thought occurred to her that she would have all eternity to enjoy the companionship of her daughter as an adult, but just this short time in mortality to enjoy her as a child.

So here is something I miss:






















5 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a great way to start my day. That is a poignant reminder of how quickly time really does pass. Thanks!

Stecky said...

Wow! I loved that trip through memory lane. No comments on any swim suits or anything. Hope you are having a fantastic week.

Bea said...

That comment by Hilary Weeks caught my attention also. Makes you wonder if you captured all the memories, BUT.... thank goodness for cameras..... they stir our memories :o)
Especially the ones you posted, those pictures were taken without digital, do the Mothers now adays realize the great chances they have to get great pictures?

Margie said...

Very tender Les!! I loved looking at the pictures. My heart felt a little heavy while I looked at the pictures for days gone by. They sure fly by fast!!

Margie said...

The word verification I had to write was bullshiz for that one. LOL...just thought I would share :)